Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Notebooks that Work (For now at least!)

A few weeks ago, I wrote this post about simplifying my pen rotation. I am truly happy with all of the pens I listed. Notebooks are a different story. Does the perfect notebook exist? I don't think it does. My big requests are that a notebook should have paper that is fountain pen friendly and fun to write on. There are so many other factors - material, cover, binding, paper style, etc. - that are also very important. Simply put, the notebook must fulfill whatever purpose I have assigned to it. Yeah, I'm picky and weird. I rarely fill all the pages in a notebook before moving on to the Next Big Thing. However, there are some notebooks that I'm really liking right now.

1. Rhodia no. 16.
    I have two of these that I am currently using. One is kept on my desk at work for notes and lists. It's also handy to carry to meetings. The other one is my "church notebook" (I'll explain about those in another post). This is a flip-top notepad with a spiral binding. I prefer the scored rhodia covers, but the spiral just works better and looks neater for work. I'm satisfied with it for now. The paper is the usual Rhodia paper that ROCKS for fountain pens.

2. M By Staples Gold Series Writing Pad
    I carried one of these everywhere I went the last month before the wedding. The paper is nice. It's not as smooth as Rhodia or Clairefontaine, but I like it anyway. I've had no problems with any inks or pens I have tried on it. I will probably keep on buying these

When I started writing this post, I thought there would be a much longer list. I'm actually kinda sad that I don't have more notebooks to praise right now. I do have a Rhodia webbie on the way that I'm excited to try and review. I guess the search for notebook bliss is still on!

What are your favorite notebooks? Is there such thing as a perfect notebook?

1 comment:

  1. Nice post! I really like Moleskine and Rhodia Webnotebooks.

    ReplyDelete